Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough...

A lot has happened in celebrity news since my last post. And I recognize that this post is late, which is entirely my own mistake. Anyway, I was really hoping to blog about something or someone OTHER than Britney, but lo and behold, she has managed to be the headliner of the moment once again. I'm now convinced that she is no longer human, but rather somewhat of a sponge-type creature who soaks up paparazzi attention and doesn't rinse out the scandals well. Luckily, she took a break from LA this past weekend and went to Atlanta (why?) to get away for a bit. She came back with a new brunette weave, which looks just as bad as the blonde one. Last week, after I had announced in my last post that Brit was dropped by her management and ditched by her lawyer, a judge ordered her to complete parenting classes and take random drug tests, calling her a "habitual...user of controlled substances". That's not good Britney! But what does she do right after the court ruling??? She goes out and parties, ya'll! Because that is what you should do after being officially labeled a drug user! Britney then had ANOTHER court case regarding her fender bender in August (with paparazzi video proof of Brit not even acknowledging the Mercedes that she hit while parking). That case revealed that Britney was never even registered with a California driver's license! How can this even be possible??? I guess famous people really are above the law...especially really insane and uncontrollable famous people. On top of all of this, and definitely at the perfect time, a former bodyguard of Britney's decided to tell the world what he saw her do under her employment. And it is not surprising news at all.

And you know there is just more more more to say, and her new single is called "Gimme More"...but I don't know if there can even be any more from her. I will end this nonsense with Britney's former security guard Tony Barretto speaking about how out of control she is on "The Today Show".

3 comments:

Somalian Banquet Coordinator said...

Man, how tact of her former bodyguard. Nothing like cashing your chips in while the pot is hot.

I'd be curious to get your thoughts on the "Leave Britney Alone" guy.

It is such a double edged sword with Britney (and all celebrities performing rogue behaviors, really)... the media cuts them down and can't wait to divulge knowledge of their trials and shortcomings, giving you reasons to boo and hiss at them, yet it makes for ratings and headlines without fail.

When it comes to Britney, gimme less.

No-No Spot said...

I'm so sick of hearing about Britney and her nasty weave, but I do remember her at the music awards and my friends and I were like WTF...she totally f'd herself over. I didn't think it was possible for her to sink any lower, but she constantly proves me wrong...amazing.

Oh, and one of my roommates thought the "Leave Britney Alone" Guy was a chick for the longest time...good stuff.

Marie Drennan said...

Yes, there really is no escaping the Britney news these days! And all I care about is Jennifer Aniston's happiness...

Good blogging here, very upbeat and fun to read. I think you might be able to bring something more unique and personal/individual to it; can't say what or how exactly, but I'm seeing it start to evolve. You might want to break those superlong paragraphs -- people sometimes shy away from huge tracts of text online.

A few bugs to fix:

"somewhat of a sponge-type" (change to "something of")

"That's not good Britney" (needs comma for direct address: "not good, Britney")