Thursday, November 1, 2007

Techniques for Project

I have officially decided that my final project is going to be a showcase of my top spots in San Francisco. These spots include restaurants, bars, clubs, venues, shops, and whatever else. I think this can be a really great interactive project, because I can incorporate links to various places' websites, as well as other user reviews. The idea for my project is inspired by sites like Yelp.com, which features user reviews and user-sent pictures of various places in the city.

I would definitely love to make the site as visually stunning as possible, but due to my elementary comprehension and familiarity with website-building, it may be hard to accomplish. I really like the Jottit site tool, because it provides a hands-free service for html-retarded web junkies like myself. I would love to have a pleasing color scheme for my site, that will maintain itself throughout all of the pages and links. My plan is to have a base list of restaurants, bars, clubs, etc, and then within each of those categories would be a list, with my own reviews and pictures, as well as links to their respective sites or to their Yelp reviews. I think that building this idea upon a wiki site would be the best way for me to put this together. I would love to somehow incorporate some animation or at least some background music into the site, to attract like-minded people to it. Everything is obviously still very up-in-the-air at this point, but hopefully I will be able to better comprehend how to use all of these tools by the time the project is due.

No comments: